- @ chuck e cheese. Tim Wilson's song is funnier when you're NOT here. #
- New website! Stuff coming soon! Or not! Who knows. http://ping.fm/CXEup #
- Doug Stanhope indirectly kept me out of jail and Bonnaroo traffic http://ping.fm/ms0x7 #
- at least I'll be easier to avoid.. RT @wrongforum @ChadRiden Liking the new design. It'll be great to have all your info in one place again! #
- Thanks and stuff! How's my sweet home, Chicago? RT @BenBergman @ChadRiden Enjoyed blog from your website. #
- My life is like a weird combination of "Everybody Loves Raymond" and "The Dukes Of Hazzard" starring Robert Englund's goofy clone. #
- Jay Leno IS dvr-proof! He isn't on my TiVo and won't be any time soon. #
- RT @thecomicscomic Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Except when it's plagiarism. Or joke theft. if you RT this I'd be flattered. #
- coffee in hand, fresh keg of beer in the kegerator, Police Academy 2 on Comedy Central. life could not possibly be better. #
Welcome to version 8.0 of ChadRiden.com.
Sometime around 1995, I put my first personal website online and started posting pointless crap. I continued to do that until I joined MySpace as “Druncle Sam“.. within a few months, I was posting all kinds of content there, but nothing on my site anymore. Eventually MySpace randomly shut down that account, and I created another, and another and another.. Then I started using Facebook and then a Fan page on Facebook and Twitter and posting things to Google Reader and don’t forget YouTube and ComedySoapbox and MangyDog and FriendFeed and Tumblr and DailyComedy and Twitbook and MyFace and SpaceTwit and Dibble-Dobble and Scoobity-doobity-doo-dot-net and wherever else quality whoring can be done.
I now have dozens of profiles on every website that has ever been made, including some that I don’t even remember setting up. I have spread my crap all over the internet-tubes, but have completely neglected my own website. If you just went to ChadRiden.com, it looked as dead as my soul after a visit to Chuck E. Cheese.
This new website is an attempt to reign all of that in. These internet fads will come and go forever, so instead of wasting all my time and energy on other people’s websites, I’m wasting all my time and energy on MY website. Right now, I’m in the process of importing all of the content I’ve produced online for the last 14 years and organizing it here for dozens to enjoy and/or ignore! I’ll still probably whore my stupid crap all over those other sites, but my main focus will be here.
I hope you stumble around and waste all of your time here. Click around! Watch some stupid videos! Buy a shirt! Subscribe to the RSS thing! Join the mailing list! Come to a live show! Send me some hate mail! Or don’t. Don’t let people tell you what to do with your life. Figure it out on your own, you goof.